Sunday, December 24, 2006

Exciting Changes Coming Soon!

Hello there, all you bookworms and literature lovers! We have some exciting changes coming soon that I'd like to let you know about. So, if you visit a few times, and the site looks different each time... yes you are still in the right place! I'm working on finding a design I like. ;)

First of all, we are going to be expanding the items that we review! We are going to be adding reviews of DVDs, VHSs,CDs, CD-ROMs, and many other products. We will, of course, be primarily focusing on books, as always, but soon, you just may find reviews of other exciting products as well.

Secondly, we are removing the Google Ads, as well as the other "annoying" ads that I allowed on this site. I have found that these ads are impersonal, irrelevant, and, basically, a pain in the neck! Instead, I'm "custom picking" a few companies that I feel are worthy. For example, the Sullivan Entertainment banner on the side. I went on this site today, and found that they have ALL their VHSs for 50 cents! Even the wildy popular "Anne of Green Gables" trilogy box sets. So, the only "ads" you will see here are ones that I feel everyone needs to know about!

Thirdly, I'm going to be changing some of the features around, and am going to attempt to make everything easier for you, my dear reader, to navigate and enjoy.

Fourth, you will be seeing a LOT more reviews on this site. I've had a wild 2 months, with battling Scarlet Fever, some family commitments, etc. This week, I'm working on reducing the number of commitments I have to other websites. While I will still be freelancing to other sites, my heart is in this website most, so 95% of my energy will be directed here. You will start noticing a pickup, hopefully drastic, in the number of reviews posted here.

Fifth, I'd like to inject some more "warmth" into my site. Up until now, the only posts I have made are book reviews... I'm going to try to communicate with you, my readers, more.

Well, that's all for now! Please bookmark this site, and happy reading!

Shaley Melchior

No comments: