Saturday, January 13, 2007

Giggles - Computer Funtime for Baby - My Animal Friends

Giggles Computer Funtime for Baby
My Animal Friends
Ages 6-24 months
Compatible with Windows 98-XP and Mac OS X and beyond
Available Here
MSRP $24.95



Ok, so I have to admit it. While I love playing computer games, it goes against my every grain to perch an infant or toddler in front of a computer. I'm not sure why, as I have few objections to little kids watching TV, within reason, but something within me just can't come to terms with a piece of software promoting infant use of a computer. Although, I'm sure it does have it's uses, such as a work at home parent trying to entertain a fussy child, or promoting technological awareness, I suppose I think that parents may perhaps, well, plop their kids in front of the PC.

However, if you have no such objections, then you will certainly enjoy sharing this program with your baby or toddler. This is a really cute program. The graphics are really adorably sweet. There are multiple games to be played. The program is designed so that as your child presses keyboard keys, it does different actions. For example, penguins slide down a hill into the sea on their tummies, groundhogs peek out of their holes, and more. You can wander around the zoo, the farm, or on safari. You can even print out pictures of the animals met.

In the end, my opinion is that, if you have no ethical objections to your infant using the PC, then, by all means, this is most likely the best choice for your money. The graphics and audio are very cute, and after installation, the CD no longer needs to be inserted to use the program. A nice program!

No comments: